V. Here is a school kid speaking about environmental problems. Think of how a well-educated adult would describe these same things.
Помощь в ✍️ написании работы
1. “The air is so dirty, I can’t breathe!”
2. “The leaves aren’t green any more because there is a factory here.”
3. “There are no more fish in the river! They’re all gone!”
4. “Why is there so little water in the pond now?”
5. “These gases in the air smell so horrible!”
6. “People throw their rubbish everywhere!”
7. “In Africa there’s not enough water for people to drink”.
8. “There’s so much dust in the air!”
9. “Why are people killing all these beautiful animals?!”
10. “The potatoes from Granny’s vegetable garden don’t taste good.”
VI. Use the words and phrases from the list to complete the sentences:
laws ecosystem aware reserve packaging warnings habitat farming bank energy forms protection
1. If everyone was environmentally_________ , the world would be a better place to live.
2. A lot of companies have made great effort and now put their products in biodegradable _________.
3. Organic _________is becoming more and more popular because people know that the fruit and vegetables are free from chemicals.
4. Many countries are choosing to use alternative __________ because they know that fossil fuels are not infinite.
5. If there is not a balanced _________, many plants and animals will eventually die.
6. She believes in recycling: she makes a weekly trip to the bottle _________.
7. Animal _________ is an important part of the work of the World Wildlife Fund.
8. The main point of a wildlife _________ is that animals live in their natural _________.
9. Governments bring in water consumption __________ during a period of drought.
10. Unfortunately, people haven’t been listening carefully enough to anti-pollution __________.
VII. Underline the correct word.
1. An international agreement has been reached to halt the devastation/ destruction of the ozone layer.
2. Deforestation is causing great disaster/ damage to many of the world’s rainforests.
3. If global warming continues, we will suffer the effects/ consequences.
4. Overpopulation is posing a threat to the earth’s resources/ sources.
5. Many charitable organizations contribute towards starvation/ famine relief.
6. Most of the rubbish/ residue collected from the city is dumped in landfill sites.
7. Toxic waste/ sewage is responsible for polluting many rivers.
8. Exhaust fumes continue to pollute/ contaminate the air, causing serious breathing problems.
9. We were told to deposit/ discard our empty bottles in the recycling bin.
10. There has been a decline/ loweringin the demand for GM foods.
11. The government is looking at ways of protecting the country’s physical/ natural resources.
12. The minister for the environment has devised a scheme/ schedule to reduce pollution.
Доверь свою работу ✍️ кандидату наук!
Поиск по сайту: