I Задайте все виды вопросов к данным ниже предложениям.
1. Scientists have also analyzed the world's resources.
2. The study of science also provides people with an understanding of natural worlds.
II. Заполните пропуски предлогами или наречиями.
1. Science is important ... most people living ... the modern world ... a number ... reasons.
2. ... the other hand, they have also helped to keep the peace .... research which has improved life .. people.
3. We can begin to learn to share the resources ... the knowledge provided ... us … science.
4.... some cases, such аs technology .... taking salt … … ocean water, technology may be essential ... our lives ... Earth.
5. The study ... the natural world may help improve life … many people all … the world.
III. Заполните пропуски артиклем, где это необходимо.
I got ... letter from ... friend yesterday. He's ... student and lives in St. Petersburg. He goes to … St. Petersburg University and takes ... English Literature. We spent our holiday in ... Riga last year and had ... very good time there. We swan in ... sea and sunbathed two or three hours ... day.
This summer my friend's having ... holiday in ... country. “There's ... river and ... wood here.” he writes. “I intend to stay here till ... September. I'll be back in ... St. Petersburg at ... end of August or early in September.”
I'll write to him today if I'm not very busy in ... evening. I'm going to write about ... work at our Institute.
IV. Поставьте подлежащее во множественное число, выполните необходимые преобразования.
1. The apple was red.
2. That man is a driver.
3. The goose is near the lake.
4. This woman is our neighbour.
5. The child is crying.
V. Раскройте скобки, обращая внимание на степени сравнения прилагательных.
1. That game was (exciting) that I've ever seen.
2. Ice hockey is (popular) than field hockey in the USA.
3. I think this is (difficult) exercise in the lesson.
4. My sister knows German (good) than I know it.
5. James Baldwin's last novel is (interesting) than his first one.
VI. Преобразуйте следующие предложения, используя страдательный залог.
1. A lot of people attend Moscow musical contests.
2. We have shown Peter around the city.
3. They have just published his new collection of poems.
4. I believe they'll settle the matter.
5. The professor read the article last week.
VII. Выберите нужную форму глагола.
1. He told me that he ... to introduce me to his friends.