1. Many companies, especially manufacturers, use advertising agencies to carry out some or all of their advertising activities. An advertising agency is an independent company that renders specialized services in advertising in particular and in marketing in general.
2. Advertising agencies plan and execute entire advertising campaigns. They employ more advertising specialists than their clients do because they spread the cost over many accounts. A company can benefit from an agency’s experience with other products and clients. Many advertising agencies offer a wide range of services including research, public relations, and new product development assistance. In fact, many of these firms are becoming marketing agencies, offering services heretofore performed by other outside specialists or by the advertisers themselves.
3. Using both a Department and an Agency.
Main firms have their own advertising department and also use an advertising agency. The internal advertising department acts as a liaison between the agency and the company, giving the company greater control over this major expenditure. It approves the agency’s plans and ads, is responsible for preparing and administering the advertising budget, and coordinates advertising with personal selling. The department may also handle direct mail, dealer displays, and other promotional activities if they are not handled by the agency.
I. Перепишите и письменно переведите предложения на русский язык. Вставьте нужный артикль: a) a; b) an; c) the; d) -.
1. … simples way of transferring funds abroad is by means of airmail remittance order.
2. Peter’s at … office but you could get him on … phone. There’s … telephone box just round … corner.
3. We have … very good train service from here to … city center and most people go to … work by train.
4. … people think that … lead is heaviest metal, but … gold is heavier.
II. Перепишите и письменно переведите предложения на русский язык. Заполните пропуски неопределенными местоимениями или их производными: a) some; b) any; c) no; d) их производные.
1. In … contexts inflation refers to a steady increase in the supply of money.
2. I’m not going to see him because I have … important to report.
3. … has been here before us.
4. Does he know … about computers? – Yes, he knows … because he is the best specialist in computer science.
III. Перепишите и письменно переведите предложения на русский язык. Заполните пропуски следующими словами: a) much; b) many;
c) (a) little; d) (a) few.
1. … foreign banks are not well – known internationally.
2. It was far cheaper than he expected, so he made up his mind to spend twice as … money as he had wanted.
3. … will depend on what the minister says.
4. There was … water in the river, and they decided to cross it.