1. The results of the experiments were unsatisfactory.
2. Gravel, sand and clay are unconsolidated mechanical sedi ments.
3. They are called so because they are composed of loose uncemented particles.
4. The geologists found the old structures which were unusual and undeformed.
4. Переведите следующие слота с префиксомprt-: pre-existing, pre-glacial, pre-historic, pre-Cambrian, pre-capitalist
5. Определите значения like:
1. The rm'ner we met at the colliery has three sons. His elder son is taking a course at a mining technical school. Likehis father he is going to become a miner. He looks likehis father. He likeshis future speciality.
2. Likesand, sandstones can be divided into fine-grained, me dium-grained and coarse-grained.
6. Прочитайте следующие сочетания слов и переведитене
valuable minerals various discoveries
the accumulation of sediments the Earth's crust
the destructive action of water pre-existing rocks
available resources the internal structure of racks
consolidated and unconsolidated firmly cemented particle*
sediments fire damp
successful prospecting mineral substances
exposed rocks surface exposure
organic decay loose sediments
solidified rocks igneous rocks
stratified deposits sedimentary rocks
7. Определите значения выделенных слов по схмстиу ни арией с корнями соответствующих слов в русском языке:
three main groupsof rocks, the most important cftnvactaristicof sediments, the destructive mechanicalaction of water, die aecamu-lationof materials,the usual cementingsubstance, tfae decay of organisms, organicsediments, mineraloil, large practical value
8. Прочитайте текст А. Перечислите основные смевйн •••вэвшня осадочных пород.