1. Administrative law is the law regulating the powers, procedures, and acts of public administration. (T; F)
2. Administrative law concerns such spheres as communications, commerce, social welfare and transfers of ownership. (T; F)
3. Four types of powers delegated to administrative authorities by modern regulatory statutes may be mentioned: the rulemaking power, the licensing power, the legislative power, the directing power. (T; F)
4. The aim of administrative law is to regulate activities of private citizens. (T; F)
5. Administrative law consists of the legal powers that are granted to administrative agencies by the legislature. (T; F)
Exercise 12. Read the text. Choose the best answers.
1. Administrative law centers on …
a) the operations of trade unions.
b) the operations of government agencies.
c) the operations of public organizations.
2. Administrative agencies regulate such activities as …
a) education, taxation, torts, and child support.
b) old-age insurance, unemployment insurance and adoption.
c) banking, communications, trade and transportation.
3. The directing power is …
a) to issue administrative orders.
b) to produce books, papers and records.
c) to issue general rules and regulations having the force of law.
4. Administrative law also includes court rulings in cases between …
a) business corporations.
b) the agencies and private citizens.
c) husbands and wives.
5. Administrative agencies are established …
a) in the judicial branch of power.
b) in the legislative branch of power.
c) in the executive branch of government.
Exercise 13. Answer the following questions on the text.
1. What does administrative law regulate?
2. What does administrative law apply to?
3. What does administrative law center on?
4. Why does administrative law rank as one of the most complicated branches of law?
5. What spheres does administrative law concern?
6. With what purpose do national and local governments set up many administrative agencies?
7. What activities do administrative agencies regulate?
8. What programs do the agencies administer?
9. Where are administrative agencies established?
10. What powers are delegated to administrative authorities by modern regulatory statutes?
11. What is the aim of the rulemaking power?
12. What is the purpose of the licensing power?
13. What is the aim of the investigatory power?
14. What is the purpose of the directing power?
15. What does administrative law consist chiefly of?