1. The high Court is divided into (три відділення).
2. In England and in the USA the jury system (обов’язкова).
3. The Chancellor was at first (королівським секретарем).
4. The Court of Chancery dealt with (громадськими позовами по праву справедливості).
5. The highest court in England today is (палата лордів).
6. In theory any peer may take part in (розгляді апеляції).
7. Common Law crimes were divided into (два класи: більш серйозні та менш серйозні).
8. Some courts can decide the case (без присяжних)
9. Capital punishment (остаточно скасовано в Англії).
10. Scottish law has taken a lot (з Римського права).
Task 8. Give synonyms to the words in bold type.
1) The new rules were founded by the state. 2. The body of 12 persons decided the case. 3. The accused was examined in a court of law. 4. You can’t say that a person has done wrong unless you have proved it. 5. The Act of Parliament separated the Court into three divisions. 6. He was tried in the hall of justice. 7. This crime was punishable with death. 8. The rules tell the people what they must do and what they must not do. 9. The prisoner appealed against the judge’s decision. 10. The jurors were trying the case. 11. The Romans failed to influence English Law. 12. The Court of Chancery concerned with civil Matters in Equity. 13. The Courts of Assizes and Quarter Sessions were cancelled.
Task 9. Match the words on the left with their definitions on the right. Use them in the sentenses of your own.