Interviewer: So, why do you want to be a computer programmer?
Jason: Well, I don’t like working in a fast food restaurant, and I want to make more money
I: I see. Do you have any experience.
J; No, but I am a fast learner.
I: what kind of computer do you use?
J: Computer? Let me see. I can use a Mac. I also used Windows 95 once.
I: That’s good.
J: May I ask a question?
I: Go ahead, please
J: Will I be able to find a job as a computer programmer?
I: Well, umm…
1. What job does Jason want?
b. computer programmer
2. Where does Jason work?
a. in a restaurant
b. for a computer company
c. at a school
3. Why does Jason want a new job?
a. he’s bored
b. he quit his job.
c. he wants more money
4. Does Jason have programming experience?
5. Jason is a slow learner
6. What kind of computer does Jason use
7. Has Jason ever used Windows 95
8. Will Jason get a new job?
c. I don’t know
5. Прочитайте та перекладіть letters of application. Визначте, яке написано правильно, а яке невірно. Виправте помилки.
15 Green Street
After reading your advertisement in the paper, I wonder if I might be suitable for the part-time post advertised. I believe I may have some of the right qualifications: I speak good Spanish (I once had a Mexican girl-friend and I learnt a lot from her) my typing is quite good and people say how good I am at dealing with people
As I’m a student I’d be only available in the afternoon, I’m afraid. Please let me know if you think I may be suitable for the post. I can come for an interview at any time convenient to you.
15 Green Road
Barford Evening chronicle
Dear Mr. Brown
I am interested in applying for the post of part-time office assistant advertised in yesterday’s Evening Chronicle. I am 20 years of age and in my third year studying business administration at Barford Polytechnic. My lectures take place in the morning and early evening and I am available for part-time work between 12.30 and 5.30 every afternoon. I speak good Spanish and I have some experience of office work including filling and typing. I believe that I have a pleasant telephone manner and could deal efficiently and courteously with both English-speaking and Spanish-speaking callers. I look forward to hearing from you.
Yours sincerely E. Arnold
6. Напишіть про свій досвід знаходження роботи (опишіть якій тип роботи ви хотіли знайти, чи була це престижна та високооплачувана робота чи ні, які навички та знання вона вимагала, чи потрібен був досвід роботи чи ні, чи потрібне було володіння мовами і якими).