III. Answer the questions.
Помощь в ✍️ написании работы
I. Mark the statements true (T) or false (F).
1. In Gavin Esler’s view, nowadays people aren’t so afraid to talk about cancer as they were more than 10 years ago.
2. The Keatings carry on their educational activity about cancer all over the UK.
3. People don’t want to talk about cancer because they think it’s hopeless.
4. Ronan Keating didn’t want to admit that his mother was seriously ill.
5. The singer didn’t try to run away from the situation all their family was in.
6. Ronan is still angry that his mother died.
7. Nowadays there are services in the UK and Ireland which do cancer research and educate people about cancer.
8. Only men can have testicular cancer.
9. Ronan Keating went on holidays with his family 3 years ago.
10. Those holidays were terrible for him.
II. Choose the correct item.
1. Ronan Keating’s mother died of …
a) spine cancer
b) breast cancer
c) testicular cancer.
2. Ronan’s sister looked after their mother because…
a) she was the only one in the family who was free
b) the mother couldn’t have a male relative to look after her
c) the mother didn’t want her sons or a husband to look after her.
3. Their mother was ill for …
a) 2 and a half years
b) 11 years
c) half a year.
4. After the mother’s death the family …
a) set up Marie Keating’s Foundation
b) set up Marie Keating’s Hospital
c) set up Marie Keating’s Cancer Centre.
5. When Ronan Keating found out about his mother’s disease …
a) he gave up giving concerts and stayed all the time with her
b) he gave up working but travelled much
c) he worked and travelled as much as he could.
6. Ronan Keating’s mother was … when she died.
7. Statistic shows …
a) there’s better situation with a survival of breast cancer in Ireland
b) the men in Ireland are more interested in going to the doctor’s today
c) the situation about cancer hasn’t changed in Ireland.
8. 3 years ago Ronan Keating was on holidays …
a) in South America
b) in South Africa
c) in East Africa.
9. When he was on holidays…
a) he got ill
b) got checked for testicular cancer
c) found a lump.
10. The doctor calmed Ronan by saying, …
a) “There’s nothing to worry about”
b) “It’s probably a cyst”
c) “Get checked.”
III. Answer the questions.
1. Why did most families know nothing about cancer more than 10 years ago?
2. Where did Ronan Keating’s sister live then?
3. Why did Marie Keating not want her sons or a husband to look after her?
4. What did the family start doing after their mother’s death?
5. Do people still prefer to ignore a lump in Ronan Keating’s opinion?
6. What was that terrible thing Ronan did when his mother was ill?
7. On what condition, in Ronan’s opinion, his mother could have stayed alive?
8. What do men have to wake up to?
9. Why did Ronan panic when he found a lump?
10. What does the singer advise those who find themselves in the same situation?
Task 3. Now find out the meaning of the following words and phrases and look through the tasks again.
Доверь свою работу ✍️ кандидату наук!
Поиск по сайту: