2.14. You are going to listen to a conversation in a market. A tourist is looking at an Oriental carpet. Complete the phrases while you listen. Then underline who said it: Buyer or Seller.
1. It normally _______ two hundred in the shops. (Buyer or Seller?)
2. You can have it for a _______. (Buyer or Seller?)
3. That’s too ________. (Buyer or Seller?)
4. That’s my best _________. (Buyer or Seller?)
5. Just for you. A hundred and __________. (Buyer or Seller?)
6. You’re ____________! (Buyer or Seller?)
7. A hundred and __________ for cash. (Buyer or Seller?)
8. That’s my _________ price. ( Buyer or Seller?)
9. It’s a ________________.(Buyer or Seller?)
10. OK, OK, it ‘s a ______________. (Buyer or Seller?)
2.15. Role play.
One of you is the Buyer – a foreign tourist in Russia who wants to buy some souvenirs, the other is the Seller. Try to bargain over these things (you can enlarge the list). Use the phrases from the dialogue.
Matryoshka doll; caviar; balalaika
2.16. Match the following words.
2.17. Complete the following sentences with missing words.
1. I am really good ______ bargaining.
2. That’s good _________ for money.
3. Last week I went on a spending ___________.
4. I always keep an _____ open for special _____.
5. She buys only designer __________.
6. This dress _______ me $100.
7. I don’t have enough time to buy everything for the party. Can you give me a ________?