She ……………………. real experience of working for an accounting company.
She only ………….... tea and .……………. letters.
She felt …………………………… when they asked her some difficult questions.
She also applied to ……………, but the money is
Now listen again and check.
3.15. What do these words mean?
1) To fill in ____________________________________
2) Before the deadline __________________________
3) To send off _________________________________
4) To borrow money ____________________________
5) To run a company ____________________________
6) Disaster ____________________________________
7) Embarrassing _______________________________
8) Drug company _______________________________
Use them in your own sentences.
Would you ever lie about your work experience, age, qualifications?
What are you good/terrible at? What sentences are true about you?
- I’m terrible at maths. I can’t even add up!
- I’m really good at languages. I can speak German, French and English.
- I’m good at fixing things. I enjoy repairing things in the house.
- I’m not very good at listening to people’s problems. I think they should sort things out themselves!
- I’m good at communicating with people. I make friends easily and I don’t usually have arguments.
3.17. Choose the best word for each gap in the text.
A lot of people ask me why I do __________ work rather than get a ___________ job with one company. I guess it’s partly because of my father. He was a computer programmer for a big ______________ company. His job was very important to him. He used to work very long ________. When we were kids, he often got home after nine o’clock at night – the time that we went to bed. Sometimes I didn’t see him for days and days. He did very well in his job. He got ____________. He became the manager for the ___________ of the country. He just worked harder and harder. I don’t think he was really happy, but I guess he couldn’t see any other way. When he __________ he didn’t know what to do. He was even more unhappy. He died of a heart attack when he was 68. I don’t want to be like that. I don’t have to do the same things or see the same people every day. I’ve been with the same agency for about ten years now. They know I’m a good and ____________ worker – I’ve never been _______ for work. I only get ________ for the days I work, so if I’m not very well and take a day off ______ or if I want a holiday, I don’t get any money.