B) Complete the sentences using vocabulary from the table.
| a. challenging
|| b. having a career
| c. interest
|| d. repayment
| e. salary
|| f. struggle
| g. student loan
|| h. summer job
| i. tuition fees
|| j. wage
1. We will lend you £3,000, which you will need to repay with _______ of 3% after three years.
2. Paying my fees every year has been a constant __________ .
3. With such a small loan, I don’t know if I’ll be able to pay the __________ .
4. I’ve got a good job, but I just wish the work was more ______________ .
5. When term ends, I’ll have to get __________ just to make ends meet.
6. The ________ is £140 a week, but it’s cash-in-hand, so you don’t pay tax.
13.Answer the following questions.
1. What entrance examinations did you have to pass to enter the University?
2. When did you take them?
3. What marks did you have to get to win the competition?
4. What were your marks?
5. What papers identify your student status?
6. Do you pay for your tuition?
7. What year student are you now?
8. What subjects have you been studying this year?
9. Do you attend all lectures and classes?
10. In what year do you students begin to take their special subjects?
11. How many credit tests and exams did you take during the last examination period?
12. Did you do well in your exams?
13. Do you often go to concerts, parties or discos held at the University?
14. Do you take part in their arrangement?
14. Say, which of these statements are students’ rights or duties.
1. to have breaks
2. to miss classes
3. to be enrolled after entrance exams
4. to take exams and credit tests
5. to be provided with a hostel
6. to get a grant if you education is free of charge
7. to fulfill all assignments
8. to attend classes
9. to get a diploma after graduation
10. to have not more than 4 classes
11. to participate in seminars
12. to enter without examinations
13. to be the member of university’s groups
14. to choose subjects
15. to be late for classes
16. to be engaged in practical training
17. to be asked at classes
18. to be taught thoroughly
Continue the sentences and tell about studying at the university.
1. We are enrolled and become students when ________ .
2. ________ identify a student’s status.
3. The university course _______ 5 years and is divided into ______.
4. As a student I have _______and _______.
5. My rights are ________ .
6. My duties are _________.
7. Students’ progress is evaluated through _______ .
8. Those who ________ receive state grants.
9. Upon completion the academic program students have ______which show how they ________ .
10. There isn’t a lot of time for _______if a student works hard but he can _____ .
Work in pairs. Imagine that one of you is an interviewer and the other is an interviewee. Discuss the question about the importance of higher education in modern society.
Поиск по сайту: