2. I`m afraid there is …………… wrong with your order.
3. Will ……………. help me with the documents?
4. ………… must go to the airport to meet Mr. White.
IV. Перепишите предложения, употребляя правильные предлоги:
1. We are interested ….. receiving offers ……. British companies.
2. Can I speak …... Mr. Petrov, please?
3. ……. summer they often go …….. the south.
4. My birthday is …….. July, 9.
V. Письменно переведите текст и дайте ответы на вопросы.
The British people are probably the greatest newspaper readers in the world. This explains the fact that there are quite a lot of editions of different kind. Generally, all the newspapers are divided into two groups. On the one hand, there are “quality” newspapers, which publish analytical articles on serious topics, involving economy, politics and business issues. Among the quality papers are The Times, The Guardian, The Financial Times, The Independent. Their circulation is not large, but their reputation is unshakeable. On the other hand, there are “popular” papers, or “tabloids” which are considered entertaining rather than informative. People buy such kind of papers to learn the latest news on sport events, private life or celebrities and rumors. Their circulation is much larger compared to “quality” papers. The newspapers of this kind have the word “Daily” in the name.
1. What types of newspapers are there in the United Kingdom?
2. What do “quality” newspapers specialize in?
3. What is the main aim of “popular” newspapers?
4. What can you say about the circulation of the entertaining newspapers?
VI. Закончите предложения, используя подходящие слова из рамки. Используйте каждое слово только один раз. В рамке есть лишнее слово, которое не нужно использовать.
birthplace companies dramatic
originally theatres permanently
Britain has a rich (1) ____________________ tradition. There are some 300 (2) ________________ intended for professional use. About 100 of these are in London., 15 of them (3) _________________ occupied by subsidised companies, including the Royal National Theatre and the Royal Shakespeare Company, whose main base is in Stradford-upon-Avon, Shakespeare`s (4) ________________ . Over 40 residence theatre (5) ______________________ receive subsidies from the Arts Council and Regional Arts Boards.
Вариант № 2.
1. Поставьте следующие предложения в отрицательную и вопросительную формы:
He will come to the plant tomorrow.
Will he come to the plant tomorrow?
He will not come to the plant tomorrow.
1. In June we will produce two new models.
2. They will accept our offer.
3. The hotel was very expensive.
4. They had a meeting the day before yesterday.
II. Образуйте сравнительную и превосходную степени от прилагательных: