Study these tables and try to find additional examples. Use your dictionary if necessary.
Read the following sentences and underline all the suffixes. Then try to find out what parts of speech the words are.
1. The systems analyst provides the programmer with the details of the data processing problems.
2. CRT terminals are very useful interactive devices for use in offices because of their speed and quietness.
3. The new microcomputer we purchased does not have a Fortran compiler. It is programmable in Basic only.
4. A computer is a machine with an intricate network of electronic circuits that operate switches or magnetize tiny metal cores.
5. In very large and modern installations, the computer operator sits in front of a screen that shows an up-to-date summary of the computer jobs as they are being processed,
6. The introduction of terminals and screens has partly replaced the use of punched cards.
7. Binary arithmetic is based on two digits: 0 and 1.
8. Multiplexing is when many electrical signals are combined and carried on only one optical link.
9. Computers are machines designed to process electronically specially prepared pieces of information.
10. The computed results were printed in tables.
Поиск по сайту: