The following words or constructions are used to show equivalence (i.e. the same).
4. Some common two-syllable adjectives can have either type of formation.
|| commoner more common
|| commonest most common
|| handsomer more handsome
|| handsomest most handsome
| as ... as
|| are similar
| as many . ..
|| equal to
| as much . ..
|| is like
| the same ...
| similar to
| the same
|| compare to/with
1. Third-generation computers can do a thousand times as manycalculations as first-generation computers.
2. Microcomputers are as efficient as minicomputers.
3. The term processor is the same ascentral processing unit.
4. The digital computer is likea huge cash register.
5. An analog computer and a car speedometer are similarin that they continuously work out calculations.
6. A microcomputer can sometimes cost as much asa minicomputer.
7. Bothminicomputers and microcomputers can have a memory of 32K bytes.
8. A digital computer can be compared toa large cash register.
9. Allcomputers have the same basic characteristics.
10. The time it takes a computer to solve a problem can equalmonths of work for man.
1. Computer technology is the fastestgrowing technology in the world today.
2. Digital computer programming is theone most commonlyused in data processing for business.
3. BASIC is probably the least difficultcomputer language to learn.
Поиск по сайту: