Look at the clues in brackets and underline the word which should be stressed in each sentence.
Помощь в ✍️ написании работы
1. Clearly, we need to look at this again. (it’s obvious)
2. Clearly, we need to look at this again. (twice wasn’t enough)
3. We will never get such a perfect opportunity again. (this is our only chance)
4. We will never get such a perfect opportunity again. (but perhaps the competition will)
5. I’d like us to work out a strategy. (and nobody else)
6. I’d like us to work out a strategy. (a plan is important)
7. There hasn’t been a dramatic increase in production costs. (but there has been an increase)
8. There hasn’t been a dramatic increase in production costs. (the increase was in personal costs)
9. I think we’ve made a good start. (but you might not agree)
10. I think we’ve made a good start. (but there is still a lot to do)
11. This is not the only option. (There might be others)
12. This is not the only option. (I have a better one)
13. Sales this month have been quite good. (but not brilliant)
14. Sales this month have been quite good. (we are pleased)
15. Where do we go from here? (I have absolutely no idea)
16. Where do we go from here? (normal question)
Match the two parts to make sentences.
| 1. Good point, but I’d prefer
|| a. any question please?
| 2. Perhaps we could
|| b. deal with this at some other time.
| 3. Could you repeat
|| c. off the top of my head.
| 4. I’m afraid that’s
|| d. not to discuss that today.
| 5. I’m sure Ms Major
|| e. answer my question?
| 6. Sorry, I don’t
|| f. not my field.
| 7. I’m afraid I don’t know that
|| g. could answer that question for you.
| 8. I’m afraid I’m not
|| h. in a position to comment on that.
| 9. Does that
|| i. quite understand your question.
Complete the dialogue with phrases from the box.
| Could you give us
|| Does that mean
|| Are there any questions
|| Go ahead
| Excuse me
|| No, no, not at all
| I suggest you speak to
|| I’d be interested
|| Would you mind
|| May I ask
| || || || || || || |
Presenter: _______ (1)?
Susanne: Yes, I have a question. _______ (2) some background information on Track Ltd?
Presenter: Certainly. They’re one of the leading manufactures of outdoor equipment in the UK with more than 35 factories worldwide.
Tim: _______ (3) telling us why you’ve chosen them as partners?
Presenter: _______ (4). The answer’s quite simple. We were very impressed with the quality of their products and their prices are very attractive.
Annette: __________ (5) a question?
Presenter: Yes, of course. _______ (6).
Annette: _______ (7) to know what their terms of payment are.
Presenter: I’m afraid I can’t answer that question. _______ (8) Sylvia Baker – she would be the right person to ask.
Alex: _______ (9). You mentioned a London office. _______ (10) we do business through them?
Presenter: That’s right. We need to discuss the details though.
Доверь свою работу ✍️ кандидату наук!
Поиск по сайту: